Monday 5 November 2012

Costume

Here is a picture I took in Primark of one the dresses that I bought for the underwater girls. The reason I decided to buy these dresses is because the material was lightweight, I liked the fact that there was a little light dress underneath it which will cover up the girls so that it isn't see-through. Also there was a bit of layering on the skirt which was good. It went in at the waist so that made it easy for us to sew pieces of material onto that. The length was also good, and this could be made a bit longer by sewing the material onto it anyway. The whole of the dress had chiffon on it so all of it - even the top - would have an effect of the material floating when there would be fans on it. Also the price wasn't bad. The only thing that I wasn't sure on was the collar as the black sequins and beads would not go with our video as it might distract and it adds weight to the colour so I decided that it would be my job to get rid of all of the sequins.

 
Both items bought and proudly hanging on my bedroom door before my mum and I would get to work on them and get sewing!
 
 
After buying the dresses we went to buy some Chiffon fabric. We got 2 metres of material which matched completely in colour with the dresses. I had decided that we needed to get this amount so that we had 10cm strips of material tied on. Not all of them were long as we made cut them evenly about 3/4 of the width. Once the strips were cut and ready to be sewed on my mum very kindly sewed them all into place. Here are two pictures of my mum sewing them on at my house.
 

 
AND HERE ARE THE FINISHED PRODUCTS...



No comments:

Post a Comment