Friday 7 December 2012

The album cover

I schedueled a photoshoot with Georgie. For this I went to the photography studio to get images against a white screen - the white was on the floor aswell as the sides which created the illusion that she was surrounded by white. I took images from the side and from above. In these photos I wanted them to be quite artistic and for it to all be about the hair. The reason that I wanted it to be all about the hair is because this made all for images link together nicely to create on product. I had already thought of the idea of having one long image which would cover both sides of the inside of the DigiPak. I didn't know whether this would be achieved at the shoot but I still wanted to take som visually impressive photography which were quite naturally beautiful. Here are some of the images I took:

 


I prefer the ones from above because it is more about the hair and they are prettier than the ones from the side. I knew that these had some potential if I cropped it to the right side and really edited them well. In these photos all I did was change it to black and white in one click but for the real album cover I would use Photoshop to make sure that all the tones are changed to make a more beautiful image. Here below is the photo that I edited and put together to make the inside of the Digipak. The way that I managed to get this image was by firstly editing it to the right black and white which had contrast and brightness, I then cropped the image to look like the left side of the image. I then duplicated the layer and flipped it (this was all done on photoshop). This looked really cool as it almost looked like a heart because of the mirroring at the top of her hair.

 
I liked this and then added it onto the template I had created with the album back and front. So this is what the Digipak looked like. I added a little bit of glow to the writing on the front cover but toned down the blue a bit so it was a bit lighter. I feel that this is a good Digipak which goes with our artist. I also changed the track name for track 5 to numb the original version as this is usually what you find on an album - that the remixed version has an original version.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment