Monday 26 November 2012

Working on the Digipak


Here I have added a glow to the writing. The way that I did this was duplicating the layer, I then blurred and smudged the added layer to create a glowing affect but also a shadowing affect. My group and I had discussed this idea and we all liked it. I think that it makes the name stand out a bit more which is what we wanted - we wanted there to be more colour. It is quite a subtle change but we all think that it works for our product.

Also thinking about one of the panels which has the CD on we thought that this image would be underneath a CD which is black with Lola Mae's logo on it. This is quite simple but we think it will look more affective than having a picture of her printed onto the CD. It's more sophisticated and again goes with our main idea of it being 'about the quality of the music' instead of just the artists beauty. This image is very glamourous and pretty which goes with our star image. This is a more posed photograph compared to the album cover - and compared to the other photo in the Digipak which will be her in a recording studio.



Here is what the Digipak looks like so far. I have made the black CD opacity low so that you are able to see the image underneath - and to see if it works. I think it does as the images are totally different but still have the same 'vibe' to them, and show the same sort of artist - sophisticated, cool and modern. We all think that the black and white works as it makes all of the images link - by adding a colourful photo it might not go with the theme of the whole Digipak. However I am going to experiment after the photoshoot in the recording studio to see if a bit of colour adds or takes away from the whole product.


No comments:

Post a Comment