Friday 16 November 2012

Digipak


Here I have put the two images onto a Digipak template that I got off of the internet. This was to get a rough idea of what it would look like as an album. I did this in Photoshop because I find Photoshop easy to add text onto images - its easy to change fonts - add lots of layers which this did involve. Its also where I edited the image as it isn't just a one click black and white tool that I used as this creates a dull image which has no depth, but I adjusted the tones and colours to make it impressionistic and added shadows and brightness to accentuate her check bones.
One of the most unique and beautiful aspects about both of these covers is the hair, its subtle but I wanted to make sure that it was visible - which was something I had to make sure I didn't overdo (e.g the shadows weren't too dark). The hair on the back of the album cover is subtle but definitely adds something. Also the sparkles on her lips was something I wanted to make sure was something we could see as it added that touch of her being girly. I have decided that our Digipak will have 4 sides - front cover, back cover and two inside. This is something I have to think about photography wise. We do have some images from the photoshoot that I could use but I am also going to make sure that I take others- so I will scheduele a photoshoot with Georgie sometime and have a think about how I want to photograph her.

No comments:

Post a Comment