Wednesday 14 November 2012

Album Cover

Today I have been thinking about the album cover for our artist. I am doing a shoot with her hopefully later today but have decided to just create some experiments with the pictures I took and edited. One of the main things to get right is the font for her name and the albums name. This is something I have been working at in PhotoShop. When going through different fonts I have realised some are really not the sort of thing we are looking for (like this below).


This font looks childish (the bubble writing), too girly (the hearts) and is really wrong for our artist as she is trying to be cool but mature. I have decided for this experimentation for our artists album name to be 'Behind the Key' as it sounds like a song name of what someone like our artist would sing. I am also thinking of having the font white - or a pale grey as this is sophistecated next to the black and white of the image.

This was the first album cover idea that I made. There was something about this photo that I was immediately drawn to - especially after I had edited it. I made the font on this look almost hand-written as I thought that this went with the star image of this artist being a singer/songwritter and someone who girls inparticular can relate to. The one problem with this photo is because of the soft effect that it has most of the photo isn't actually in focus - this actually I think is what makes it such a beautiful photo - however this wouldn't work for an album cover I don't think becuase of the lack of focus. I liked this however I wanted to see what other images looked like too.

This is another album cover I played about with. I changed the font to see what it would look like. I however do not like the font as it seems too sharp and not very friendly. I will use a photo that I have edited out the creases in her forehead if we do use this photo as this will make the photo more affective and I'm not sure that the artist would be happy them showing. I like the hair a lot as I think that the shadows make it really interesting. However the eyes looking into the camera might be a bit too intense for our artist.



Here you can see a print screen of me working in photoshop. I firstly edited the photo from colour to black and white changing the tones and shadows. I wanted it to have contrast so that you could see the hair but also be bright enough to see the light and dark shadows on her face. I really like this image because it is thoughtful and mature which is something our artist is. It's also girly, and has an impression of being a singer/songwritte cover because of the eyes being down (this shows that its about the quality of music as well as her beauty). This is the strongest album cover I think I have created so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment