Tuesday 13 November 2012

Looking at Ellie Goulding

Young female artist is less about their image and more about their intelligence. Our artist is very similar to Ellie Goulding as she is feminine, confident, naturally beautiful and its all about the quality of the songs. She has similarities with Adele but our artist is more 'cool' and has an edge to her. She is a song-writter, but her songs are less classical. I had a brainstorm in class today to try and really get to terms with what our artist is. Here are the words that I wrote down and my group agreed on:
  • Youthful
  • Sophisticated
  • Feminine
  • Modern
  • Confident
  • Understated
  • Quality of songs
This brainstorm really helped me as it enabled me to really understand who our artist is, and what artists she is similar to in todays world. I'm really going to focus on basing her around the artist Ellie Goulding as this artist has the same audience as ours.



Looking at Ellie Gouldings album cover I have seen the sort of style and what themes she uses. All of her album covers feature a picture of her on. Which is something I wanted, however my group didn't. I have decided to do a photoshoot with Georgie to get some other shots. Also I don't feel that our artist would have a blue tinted picture of them as an album cover - plus I think this is too similar to the video and doesn't look as good as black and white. Black and white is cool, sophisticated and there is a beauty about it which are definitely things that we want. I'm thinking of making the writing a colour -particulary gold is a colour that I have been thinking of using. Looking at her album covers they are stylish rather than glamourous. And quite understated which is something I want to capture in my photos that I take. I'm thinking of doing the photoshoot outside first - of her hair blowing - possibly using fans. I want her to be wearing a dark coloured plain top and minimalistic looking make-up with possibly red lipstick. I would then edit it to black and white and change the tones, contrasts and colours so that it was a striking image which looks very stylish. By having the hair blowing it is similar to our video - this makes the product work all together. Also we saw how successful it looked in some of the pictures so I'm wanting to do it again because its elegant and interesting. The picture on the right is similar to something I am thinking about but in black and white - like the left. I want it to all be about the hair and her skin. She might possibly have her eyes open though because Georgie has very pretty, big eyes. One thing I need to make sure happens is that I put make-up on her to make her skin look flawless.



No comments:

Post a Comment