Saturday 17 November 2012

Editing photos for our products

At home I decided to edit the photo that we have on the album cover at the moment. Although we aren't sure whether we will use this picture or not I feel that it was worth editing as it would probably be shown on the website in the gallery of pictures. I don't have Photoshop at home, but I do have Picasa which is another photo editing programme. I used this to edit her skin as I find it easy to do. The way you do this was by getting the original image into Picasa. (print screen below)

 
I then changed this to black and white, and edited the shadows and brightness. This made sure that the shadow on her face was still visible and also that each ripple in the hair could be seen. And I then retouchesd the skin to make her skin look perfect - without any spots or skin that wasn't smooth. This is what the image ended up looking like which I am happy with as it still has shadows, the hair is floaty, and the whole image looks soft. However it might be a bit too similar to an artist like Adele which is the not what our artist is about - it might be a bit too depressing looking which is not something that we want. We want it to be thoughtful but also quite 'cool'. Here is the image that I edited.
 
 
Another image that I have been editing is one that might be used as our homepage on our artists website. I did the same as the image before - changing it to black and white, shadows and contrasts and then editing out the imperfections. Here is a print screen of doing the retouching to get rid of the crinkles on her forehead, and the spots around her face.
 
 
Here is the image that I ended up with after the editing process. This is a lot better because of the smooth skin and our artist would be happy with this being shown whereas the one before with the creases on her forehead and spots she would have been less confident as having that one uploaded to the website.
 
 
Another photo that Evie decided to put as the homepage on the website was this photo which I decided to edit to get the skin flawless, get rid of the hair on the sides of her face and just to make the image a bit more imroved. This is something all artists similar to ours have done - eg. Ellie Gouldings images always make her skin look perfect!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment